Timo Tolkki,1966年3月3日生於芬蘭的Klaukkala,是芬蘭首席古典旋律金屬大老Stratovarius樂隊的當家吉他手,其個人風格深受 Ritchie Blackmore、Randy Rhoads 等前輩的影響。他以濃厚的古典音樂背景為其基礎,並以巴洛克調式音階理論編寫樂句。這些年來 Timo 為騰雲創作出經典樂曲的同時, 也致力於個人專輯的製作。 1994 年發表的個人首張作品 "Classical Variations and Themes",部份內容取材自古典樂曲。
2002 年發表第二張個人作品 “Hymn To Life” 《Are you the One》選自他的第二張專輯,這首歌是荷蘭哥特厄運樂隊Within Temptation主唱Sharon Den Adel與Timo Tolkki合作的結晶。
Speech by Charles Chaplin (1889-1977) from The Great Dictator movie (1940)
查理·卓別林(1889-1977)在《大獨裁者》(1940)中的演說
Fight For Liberty
為自由而戰
I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business.
很抱歉,我不想做統治者——我對此毫無興趣。
I don't want to rule or conquer anyone.
我不想統治任何人,也不想征服任何人。
I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black man, white.
如果可以的話,我願意幫助每一個人,不管是猶太人,非猶太人,黑人,還是白人。
We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that.
我們都樂意相互幫助。這是人類的天性。
We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery.
我們都樂意生活在他人的幸福之中,而不是眼看著他人痛苦。
We don't want to hate and despise one another.
我們都不願互相仇恨,互相歧視。
In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.
在這個世界上,有足夠的空間讓每個人得以生存,而土地是豐饒的,可以使每一個人都豐衣足食。
The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.
生命可以是自由的,美好的。但我們失去了這樣的生活。
Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
貪婪毒害了人類的靈魂——它把世界鎖在仇恨當中;它操縱的軍隊邁著正步,將我們領入痛苦與殺戮。
We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in.
我們發展了速度,卻孤立了自己。
Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
機器為我們提供了更多可能,卻給我們帶來了更多欲望。
Our knowledge as made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind.
學識把我們變得刻薄,才智把我們變得冷酷無情。
We think too much and feel too little.
我們思考得太多,感受得太少。
More than machinery, we need humanity.
然而我們需要的是人性,而不是機械性。
More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.
是溫和友善,而不是才智。
Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
少了這些品質,生命將陷於暴戾,而我們將喪失一切。
The airplane and the radio have brought us closer together.
飛行機和收音機將我們聯繫得更加緊密。
The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all.
這類發明的性質本身就在呼喚人類的善良,呼喚全世界的友愛團結。
Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress.
我們現在所承受的不幸,僅僅是來自一部分人的貪婪和痛苦,他們害怕的是當今人類的進步。
The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people.
人們的仇恨終會消逝,獨裁者也注定會死去,而他們從人民手中擄走的權利終將交還給人民。
And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.
只要我們不畏犧牲,自由就永遠也不會消失!
Soldiers! Don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you, enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel!